Sunday 3 April 2022

Bisquick Breakfast Casserole

I wanted to use some of the Bisquick I had on hand and came across these breakfast casseroles. I also have ThriveLife dehydrated products so I wanted to use some of those I had on hand.  I modified the original recipe a bit but you can get the recipe HERE. The picture is from THIS site as it was more like what I came up with from my changes. 


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup of ThriveLife sausage (or 1 pound of breakfast sausage)
  • 1/4 cup ThriveLife diced onion (or fresh diced onion)
  • 1 heaping Tbsp ThriveLife green onion (or 2 green onions, chopped)
  • water needed to rehydrate Thrive Life products according to directions
  • 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder, add to sausage while rehydrating. 
  • 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
  • 4 Large Eggs
  • 2 Cups Milk
  • 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheese of choice (I used Tex Mex Mix from Costco)
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
  • 1/2 tsp Hot Sauce
INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat oven 10 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside. 
2. Cook and drain sausage or add dehydrated sausage and veggies to a bowl and add water. Pour into the baking dish. 
3. In a large bowl mix together the Bisquick mix with the eggs and milk until well combined. Fold in the cheese. Stir in the maple syrup and hot sauce if using. 
4. Pour the Bisquick mixture evenly over the cooked sausage. Bake the casserole for about 35 mins or until set and golden brown.  

Note: You can add 2 cups of shredded hashbrowns to the Bisquick mix before baking if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment