Thursday 22 July 2021

Pancit

 So there is a family that used to make this and sell it in their food truck in town and it was soooo good! It has been awhile since I've had it as they don't have their food truck anymore but I was craving it the other day. So I tried to figure out first how to spell it....then looked to see what would be the easiest. Which none of them seemed really hard but this one I came across had a lot of good ratings and caught my eye. So I made it and my husband was RAVING about it and said I could make this any time! The rest of my family quite liked it as well. It's soooo easy to do that you can whip this for a quick meal and you can make as much or as little of it as you want. 

I got the recipe from ahealthmaker.com you can see the original recipe HERE

Hope you enjoy! 


Ingredients

1 pkg vermicelli rice noodles. They need to be made of rice (usually in the Asian section)
2 tsp stir fry oil or extra virgin olive oil
about 10 oz Raw or Cooked chicken breast ( I used rotisserie chicken from the store and added quite a bit of it)
3 or 4 cups coleslaw mix
1 cup sliced carrots optional as this is in the coleslaw mix
snap peas - as many as you would like
1 med celery sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
3 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce or more to liking
2 Tbsp dry onion soup mix
2 tsp sesame oil
green onions

Directions

-In a wok or large frying pan heat oil and cook the chicken if using raw until no longer pink. Skip this step if using cooked. 
-In the still hot pan, add carrots and celery and sauté until they get a bit soft but still firm. 
-Add the minced garlic and sauté again for 30 secs. 
-Add the cabbage mix and stir everything together - heating through-you don't want to cook the cabbage too much it needs to still have some crunch. You can take everything out of the pan at this point for the next step - but I don't I leave it all in. 
-Mix in a small bowl the Worcestershire sauce, soya sauce, dry soup mix and sesame oil together and add over vegetables then add the chicken broth and the rice noodles on top. Once the broth starts to heat through it will soak up the noodles. Use some tongs and start mixing it around so the noodles get in the broth. It will not take long for them to soften up from the broth. 
-After everything seems to be incorporated together I usually add green onion and mix through again. 
I like mine with Siracha and my husband likes chili paste on his. Both very good additions. 






No comments:

Post a Comment